Friday, May 28, 2021

 ‘a roller coaster ride’- Dr. Labado on graduating 3rd DOST – PCAARRD (TCMS)
by: Arnold V. Dela Rosa Jr.


    College of Management Dean, Dr. Rosine O. Labado on May 28, 2021 graduated in 3rd DOST – PCAARRD Technology Commercialization Mentorship Series (TCMS) done via Zoom platform.

    "Attending to this training is just like a roller coaster ride--I have learned a lot of things from this experience. I’ve learned to unlock my creative side. I need to do the activities despite the meager facilities. I was lucky Engr. Julito Albaladejo and Ma’am Princess Palawan were always there to motivate and assist me in every way" said Dr. Labado in an online interview.

    Labado was one of the two selected participants from the Capiz State University together with 10 others from five different Universities in the whole Region.

    “Dr. Efren L. Linan, VP for Research Development and Extension (formerly the Director of Intellectual Property Management Office), approached me sometime in March 2017; I was hesitant to attend due to my dissertation. I have promised Dr. Linan that I will participate in the training when I finish my doctoral degree. InAugust 2020, Engr. Julito Albaladejo called me and reminded me of the promise I had with Dr. Linan. I entered into a contract with the University that I will attend training related to Intellectual Property,” she recounted.

The Mentorship Series was a 26-day training that started from January 25 – 29, February 22 – 24, 26 and 28, March 18, 22 – 26, April 26 – 30 to May 24 – 28 of this year. The activity aimed to harness faculty and researchers on how to evaluate their technologies and sell them to possible investors.

No comments:

Post a Comment