Monday, February 1, 2021

                            Remnants of Noble Footprint: 
            From an Academic Exit to Retirement Expedition                                                           by Leowens Ventura
                                                      


This year, Capiz State University Burias Campus has to let go five calibre faculty after decades of service: Dr. Ludovico C. Olmo Jr. and Dr. Genoveva N. Labaniego from College of Agriculture and Forestry; and Dr. Leonora I. Gimoto, Prof. Elnor E. Briones and Prof. Edna D. Navarra from College of Education.

The path to greatness is not material profusion but a life spent helping others achieve their truest ultimate purpose; making a difference to the lives of naive students and sprightly cultivate their universal significance. Etching a luminous reminder that each student possess greatness that needs to be polished over time. Over the years, fiveprofessors in the academe have withstood personal travails, evaluations and overwhelming accreditation that oftentimes happen in a snap. Now, they are finally ending their voyage to embark into another one; retirement life. These distinct individuals have utterly mastered the supreme art of teaching; awakening the creative juices in students’ mind until no last pulp of internal adroit goes idle.

“There is no other greater feeling than beingpart of Capiz State University, Burias Campus.” Prof. Elnor E. Briones who served the College of Education for more than 39 years said that, “…this is where I learned a lot of new things. I was hurt, and loved, and laughed, and cried. Got left out among colleagues but yet, all the good times that we shared were and still are memorable up to this date. There is no other greater feeling than being a part of CapSU Burias. There were PASUC, CHED, and other evaluating agencies that accredit the University. I have learned to make the best of the situation that come into my life. I learn to enjoy what I see humor in life and stopped worrying what’s beyond my reach and understand that life doesn’t always unfold as I planned or imagined. She added that, “at the end, may I leave this word: you make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give”.

 “Retirement is a huge milestone in my life”for Dr. Leonora I. Gimoto, “after retirement, I can have something fun to do and learn new things which are the key to living a happy and fulfilling retired life. There be will no more pressures, no more tension and it would be a stress-free life. I’m very grateful of my co-mentors for the unity, good fellowship and for a harmonious relationship within us. I hope that those of us who have become close over the years will be able to keep in touch and that you will find time to visit me at home. I’m just a text away”.

 “I have finally served and fulfilled my purpose; I am beyond the supernova of bliss and content” Dr. Edna D. Navarra, the former principal of the Laboratory High School is humbled to voice that: “not everyone is destined to be a teacher, others have tried but are unfortunate to fully realized the extent to which the power of teacher impacts the young and novice minds of students. I am beyond grateful and blessed at the same time to be one of the pillars as an educator to make a difference to the lives of my students. I am humbled to announce that I have concluded polishing my academic journey and embark to a much more enthralling life that awaits me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment